Free Online Fitness Coaching. Helping You Transform Your Body One Day at a Time

Free Online Fitness Coaching. Helping You Transform Your Body One Day at a Time
DESIRE FOCUS WORK

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"In the depth of winter,I finally knew that within me lay an invincible summer"- Albert Camus

Eating disorders; like Drug addiction and Alcohol addiction is an ongoing battle. You are going to have a talk with yourself from time to time to remind yourself when you feel like giving up on recovery,why you've held on for so long. Why you chose to change the behavior to begin with. I struggle from time to time, sometimes for a stretch where I have these talks with myself on a daily basis, minute to minute basis.
For 15 years I had my own battle, food was my enemy, being alone was the enabler. In the dark of a room I could stuff my face and know that in a few minutes I was going to get rid of it. What is sad now is that I full well knew what I was doing was wrong, and unhealthy. But in my mind I also wanted to eat drink and be merry more than I should. It took alot to get me where am I today, being healthy, eating right. What I have come to realize is that I must keep my cheat days in check. I cant allow myself to indulge to much, because I notice that's when the "voice" creeps up on me. It will always be a battle, but my real strength involves having the courage to fight the disease that was sucking the life out of me.
I write this in hopes that someone out there who is still struggling understands that they are not alone, that it is not hopeless, and that even though it is an ongoing battle; you can be a winner and conquer it.
Making small changes, involving loved ones and letting them know so that they are sensitive to you and your needs, and not try to force unhealthy foods on you like a glutton feast on roids is key.
In healthy and Happiness,
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment